Monday, February 21, 2011

Is it time for a Royal Wedding Invitation makeover?

courtesy of jezebel.com








1,800 of these fancy pants invites hit the mail last week...and ohhh what I wouldn't give to see one!  I don't want to actually go to the wedding...but I'd love to feel the paper, inspect the envelope and see how the real Royals roll!

The folks over at The Wire weren't so impressed.  And from the looks of the photos, I  can't say I disagree.  The design is simple and traditional, but with all of the amazing designs available today...these just seem boring.

It wouldn't take much to bring the design up to date.  Adding a shimmering golden pouch or pocket to the design with the Royal emblem on the front would be beautiful, and still keep the traditional design intact.

What do you think?  Is it time for a Royal Wedding Invitation makeover? Or does traditional always win?

No comments:

Post a Comment