Friday, March 25, 2011

{Etiquette Thursday} Are mailed RSVPs still necessary?


I'm working on this lovely custom design for an upcoming bride who has chosen not to use mailed RSVPs.  Instead, she's asking her gusts to RSVP on her wedding website.  I must admit, this is the first bride that's asked for this so I had to do a little research myself.  Are RSVPs a thing of the past?

It seems with rise of wedding websites, RSVPing online is fairly common.  It's easier, it's cheaper and in a lot of ways makes much more sense.  Do people really take the time to send back RSVPs anyway? 

Any marketing person would tell you to consider your audience.  Are most of your guests older without online access?  Or are your guests techie-nerds obsessed with all things online?  If you consider who the majority of your invitations will be sent to, the answer will be clear. 

Are you a modern bride?  Did you use online RSVP?  How did it work for you?

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have thought that this would be a thing, but I guess it only makes sense--and I bet more people will RSVP now. Pretty soon we won't even be invited to weddings--we will be invited to "Facetime" or "Skype" nuptials!
    http://anothertiredmommy.blogspot.com/2011/11/thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete